D. Christopher Fong*
Chris Fong is a member of the firm’s Insurance and Motor Vehicle Practices. His practice is litigation based with an emphasis on the assessment of liability and damages arising out of civil disputes. He assists clients with their contractual disputes in the areas of shareholder disputes, business valuations, financial loss, life and disability matters. He also advises clients of their contractual rights and obligations mandated by provincial and federal laws.
Legal Industry Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell Ranking: Distinguished Peer Rated for High Professional Achievement
- Has been called to the bar for more than 20 years and has practised in California and Hawaii;
- Has worked on multi-jurisdictional claims in the United States and Asia;
- Is experienced trial counsel and has acted as counsel at all levels of courts in British Columbia;
- Has represented clients in all methods of dispute resolution including mediation, arbitration and judicial settlement conferences; and
- Has considerable experience in handling claims brought on by lay litigants, negotiated settlement before discovery and enforced settlements before the courts.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Member for 20 years;
- BC Children’s Hospital, Circle of Courage Member, 2006 – present;
- United Way of the Lower Mainland, Pioneer Leader, 2008 – present;
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member;
- State Bar of California, Member;
- Hawaii State Bar, Member;
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member;
- Canadian Bar Association, Member; Hollyburn Country Club, Member.
- 1994 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 1993 Certificate of Canadian Law Accreditation Ottawa
- 1992 Admitted to the State of Hawaii Bar
- 1990 Admitted to the California Bar
- 1989 J.D. California Western School of Law, San Diego
- 1987 B.A. University Of British Columbia
Publications + Presentations
- Guest Instructor – Capilano University
- Guest Instructor – Professional Legal Training Course
- Civil Trial Judge – Professional Legal Training Course
On A Personal Note
- Loves fire: cooking and eating;
- Loves ice: rinks and drinks; and
- Loves sand and water: less so on a golf course.