F. Stuart Lang*
Stuart Lang is a Senior Counsel of Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP. Stuart is Chair of the firm’s Health Practice and a member of the Corporate Commercial Practice.
Stuart practices corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on health law.
Stuart is recognized for his broad health care expertise and has provided guidance and advice to provincial, regional and First Nations health authorities as well as foundations and institutes supporting health care research and the creation of additional research capacity within the province.
Stuart has negotiated and prepared a wide spectrum of commercial contracts, business structures and agreements in health care and has advised on outsourcing, procurement, establishment of shared services organizations for health authorities, requests for proposals and contracts with suppliers, acquisition of medical equipment, partnerships between health authorities, creation of intellectual property policies, clinical research and research collaboration agreements, clinical trial contracts, construction of hospital and research facilities, amalgamations, alliances and affiliations with hospitals, health authorities, universities, research institutes and foundations and health authority governance.
Stuart also advises private sector clients on business transactions, business and property acquisitions, commercial negotiations and agreements.
Legal Industry Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell Ranking: AV (Pre-eminent) Peer Review Rated
- Continued inclusion in Best Lawyers in Canada, for Health Care Law
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2015 Vancouver Health Care Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Vancouver
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Past Director and Vice-President of the British Columbia Cancer Foundation;
- Past Chair, Professional Division, of $30 Million British Columbia’s Children’s Hospital Capital Campaign; and
- Past Director, Winterthur Canada Financial Corporation; Citadel General Assurance Company; Axa Insurance (Canada); Anglo Canada General Insurance Company; Axa Pacific Insurance Company; Crofton House School.
- 1968 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 1967 LL.B. University of Manitoba
- 1964 B.A. University of Manitoba