Laura M. Hanson
Laura Hanson is a member of the firm’s Insurance Practice. Her practice includes acting as coverage counsel and defending a wide variety of insurance defence matters, including product liability, construction and personal injury claims. Prior to joining Alexander Holburn, Laura practised at an international law firm in Alberta.
Laura has conducted trials in the Provincial Court of Alberta and appeared at the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench and British Columbia Supreme Court. She has also represented an electricity company in Alberta in two arbitrations, an employer at an Employment Standards Appeal hearing, and has participated in mediations on behalf of insurers.
Recent cases include:
- Crimi v. Sun Sun Holding, 2009 ABPC 394
- R. v. Canadian Pacific Railway Co., 2009 ABPC 382
- R. v. Canadian Pacific Railway Co., 2010 ABPC 130
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association, Member;
- Law Society of Alberta, Member;
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member; and
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member.
- 2010 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 2008 Admitted to the Alberta Bar
- 2007 L.L.B Osgoode Hall Law School
- 2004 B.A. University of Western Ontario (with Distinction)
Publications + Presentations
- February 2014, Dogwood Express, Winter Edition “Beware of Bears”, Author.