Laura A. Wright
Laura Wright is a member of the Insurance and the Motor Vehicle Practices. She practises in numerous areas of liability defence litigation and is well known for her in-depth knowledge in coverage matters. Laura has represented clients in all levels of court in British Columbia and she is experienced in mediation and other alternative dispute resolution measures.
With over 20 years of experience, both in private practice and as in-house counsel with a global insurance company, Laura has deep knowledge and understanding of both the law and the insurance industry. Her practice is focused exclusively in insurance law, and features the full range of coverage, defense and subrogation matters, including:
- directors’ and officers’ liability claims
- professional liability claims
- public entity management liability claims
- technology liability claims
- employment practices liability claims
- class action claims
- fiduciary liability claims
- major fidelity losses
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- CBA Advisory Committee to the Judicial Council of BC, Member
- CBABC Insurance Law Section Executive, Treasurer
- Canadian Defence Lawyers, Member
- 1994 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 1993 LL.B. Queen’s University
- 1990 B. Comm. Queen’s University
Publications + Presentations
Laura’s papers and articles have been published in numerous national and regional publications, including the Canadian Journal of Insurance Law. She regularly speaks on subjects relevant to the insurance industry, including insurance policy design and drafting, and best practices in claims management.
On A Personal Note
Laura is passionate about downhill skiing. She is also an enthusiastic cross-country and downhill mountain biker. When she is not being assisted by gravity, Laura enjoys cooking and travelling with her husband, two children and friends.