Lindsay Samsom is a member of the firm’s Insurance Practice. She practises in the area of civil litigation, with an emphasis on insurance defence, representing clients in a variety of matters, including professional liability claims, products liability, personal injury and subrogated actions.
Her practice is focused on in-depth legal analysis and she is regularly involved in the analysis and drafting of legal opinions, as well as arguments and written submissions for use in mediations and Court hearings.
She has appeared before the British Columbia Supreme Court and Court of Appeal, and the Federal Court of Appeal.
- Regularly defends and advises professionals in negligence claims and disciplinary proceedings;
- Assists in the prosecution of complex subrogation recovery matters;
- Defends and advises manufacturers and distributors with respect to property damage claims;
- Experience defending complex personal injury claims, including historical sexual abuse claims;
- Experienced in the resolution of litigation through mediation and direct negotiation; and
- Has researched and drafted arguments and submissions for use at all levels of Court in British Columbia and at the Trial and Appeal Divisions of the Federal Court system.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member; and
- Canadian Bar Association, Member.
- 2009 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 2008 LL.B. Dalhousie University
- 2003 B.A. (with Distinction) University of Victoria
Publications + Presentations
- Co-presenter of a seminar on oral and written advocacy for law students at the University of British Columbia;
- Frequently presents seminars for lawyers and students as part of Alexander Holburn’s internal ASCEND™ program; and
- May 7, 2009, “Art, Science and Magic – Understanding Recent Judicial Determinations of Reasonable Notice” Co-author with Michael Watt, Continuing Legal Education of British Columbia.
On A Personal Note
Lindsay is an avid traveler and an aspiring epicure.