Mallory K. Hogan
Mallory Hogan is an Associate in the firm’s Insurance Practice. Mallory both summered and completed her articles with Alexander Holburn before being called to the bar in September 2017. Mallory’s practice is litigation based with a focus on general insurance defence and insurance coverage issues.
Mallory has represented clients before the British Columbia Provincial Court and the British Columbia Supreme Court.
- West Auto Sales Ltd. v. Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (June 8, 2018), Port Coquitlam C17020 (BCPC)
- WCAT Decision A1800021, June 19, 2018
- Plett (Guardian ad litem of) v. Abbotsford (City), 2017 BCSC 1298
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- 2017 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 2016 J.D., University of British Columbia
- 2013 B.A. (summa cum laude), Bard College at Simon’s Rock
Publications + Presentations
- January 2017, “Legal Causation in Brain Injury Claims”, CLEBC, co-author
On A Personal Note
While attending law school, Mallory was a member of the Board of Directors of the UBC Law Students’ Legal Advice Program. She is a classically trained soprano and is a patron of the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and the Vancouver Opera. Prior to joining the firm, Mallory worked as an instructor with the Duke University Talent Identification Program, where she taught academically gifted adolescents.