Melissa Ku joined Alexander Holburn as an articled student. She has a Bachelor of Arts in Communications from Simon Fraser University and a J.D. from the University of Victoria.
Melissa was called to the British Columbia bar in 2017, and is an Associate in the firm’s Construction + Engineering and Insurance practice groups. Her practice is litigation based, with a focus on insurance defence and construction litigation. As part of her practice, Melissa deals with a variety of claims, including personal injury, property damage, professional negligence, and occupiers’ liability.
Melissa has represented clients in the British Columbia Supreme Court and the British Columbia Provincial Court.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Christian Legal Fellowship, Member
- 2017 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 2016 J.D. University of Victoria
- 2013 B.A. Simon Fraser University
Publications + Presentations
- 2016, “Walking the Tightrope between National Security and Freedom of Expression: A Constitutional Analysis of the New Advocating and Promoting Terrorism Offence”, Appeal: Review of Current Law and Law Reform, Author
On A Personal Note
Melissa enjoys reading, hiking and trying new brunch places. She once interviewed Carrie Underwood for a television show and can often be found at a live country music event.