Scott Allen is an Associate in the firm’s Business Law Group. He is a member of the firm’s Corporate / Commercial, Corporate Finance + Securities, Information + Privacy and Intellectual Property + Technology Practices.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Scott worked and volunteered extensively in high performance sport. He was focused on project management, games/event operations, corporate communications, logistics, media relations and community engagement for both non-profit and private organizations.
- Provides general counsel to businesses and societies, as well as assists in corporate transactions.
- Works with both large and small non-profit organizations and foundations with their governance, regulatory compliance and day-to-day operations.
- Protects and enforces client’s intellectual property rights including copyright, trade-marks, industrial design and trade secrets as well as manages client’s domestic and international trade-mark portfolios.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- 2015 Canadian Association of Environmental Law Societies Conference, Chair
- Vancouver Curling Club, Honorary Life Member and Past President
- 2017 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 2016 J.D., University of Calgary
- 2000 B.A. (with Distinction), University of Victoria
Publications + Presentations
- April 2017, “Discretionary Powers and the Duty of Good Faith”, AHBL Business Law Blog, Co-authored with R. Howe
- March 2017, “A new year means a new frontier for buying and selling a BC franchise”, BIV.com, Co-authored with B. Craig
On A Personal Note
Prior to shifting his focus to a legal career, Scott consulted for 15+ years on local, regional, provincial, national and international projects. Scott was involved with several organizations including the Vancouver 2010 Bid Corporation, 2010 LegaciesNow Society, Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation, Wheelchair Basketball Canada, BC Wheelchair Basketball, Make-a-Wish Canada (BC & Yukon section), BC School Sports and the Canadian Olympic Committee.
In his spare time, Scott enjoys cycling, curling, hiking, golfing, travelling near and far, tennis, basketball, time with Blue and exploring the local live music scene.