Susan Sangha is a member of the firm’s Insurance and Labour + Employment Practices. Her practice is litigation-based with an emphasis on liability, employment and human rights defence matters. She has a particular interest and expertise in handling professional liability, executive liability, products liability, occupiers’ liability, wrongful dismissal and discrimination-related claims.
- Defends and advises employers, businesses and societies involved in wrongful dismissal claims and human rights complaints;
- Defends and advises professionals involved in negligence claims and disciplinary proceedings;
- Defends manufacturers, distributors and retailers involved in products’ liability claims;
- Defends individuals, business owners and operators involved in casualty claims;
- Prosecutes subrogation recovery matters;
- Extensive experience in the resolution of litigation through direct negotiation and mediation; and
- Appearances at all levels of Court in British Columbia, and before various tribunals.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member;
- Canadian Bar Association, Member (Civil Litigation, Insurance, Employment , Human Rights and Products Liability Subsections);
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member;
- Canadian Bar Association Women Lawyer’s Forum Mentoring Program, Mentor (2009-2010);
- Law Society of British Columbia Lawyer Education Committee, Member (2004-2008);
- Vancouver Bar Association, Executive Member (2006);
- Women in Insurance Cancer Crusade, Secretary (2006);
- Women in Insurance Cancer Crusade, Executive Member (2004-2005); and
- Law Society of British Columbia Admissions Task Force, Member
Publications + Presentations
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) presenter;
- Regularly authors and presents seminars to clients on a variety
of topics; and
- Taught a business law course at a local private college.
On A Personal Note
Away from the office, Susan is devoted to her young family on the North Shore. Her strong commitment to fitness is rivalled only by her passion for a good cocktail.