Our firm has given careful thought to those values that we believe should guide and inform the way we conduct ourselves with our clients, and with each other. While there are many ways to describe the cultural environment at Alexander Holburn, the three words that describe and define it best are:
Trust + Balance + Teamwork.
To honour the spirit of these values, and to serve as a constant reminder of them, we have created an ornament that we call “The Alexander” (named after Ernie Alexander, QC, one of our founders, who wonderfully emulated these values), which was created by a partner of the firm. The Alexander can be found in each of our boardrooms, and is given on select occasions to those connected with the firm in recognition of these shared values, and as a symbol of our continued commitment to them.
Diversity + Inclusion at Alexander Holburn
At Alexander Holburn, we strive to integrate our core values of trust, balance, and teamwork into all that we do. From these core values, stems a fundamental commitment to diversity, demonstrated by the people with whom we work, how we staff our files and the broad range of community groups that we support.
Alexander Holburn is committed to providing legal services within a positive work environment that:
- Recognizes, respects, values and welcomes diversity among our staff, lawyers and clients;
- Builds a workforce that is free from all forms of harassment and discrimination;
- Provides equitable opportunities for employment and promotions based upon qualifications;
- Creates and provides high quality services that are inclusive, innovative, and flexible in meeting the needs of our clients; and
- Supports the efforts of our clients, lawyers and staff in participating in their various local communities.