Partner, Director of Associate + Student Programs
Christine York is Alexander Holburn’s Director of Associate and Student Programs. In this capacity, she oversees the firm’s recruitment, training, professional development and mentorship of associates and students.
Christine currently devotes 100% of her work time to her associate and student development role. Previously, the majority of Christine’s legal career was in the practice of litigation, particularly in the defence of professionals. She has also represented clients in general insurance defence and personal injury matters.
Christine first joined the firm as a summer student in 1994, and following a one year Clerkship at the British Columbia Supreme Court, she worked as an Articled Student and litigation Associate. She became a Partner in 2004.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
Publications + Presentations
- March 2019, “Networking: Tips on Outreaching to Firms, Lawyers and Students”, Thompson Rivers Law, Panelist
- September 2018, “OCI Preparation”, University of Victoria Law, Panelist
- September 2018, “OCI Preparation”, Thompson Rivers Law, Panelist
- March 2018, “How to Make Your Application Stand Out”, Thompson Rivers Law, Panelist
- September 2017, “Interview Tips”, Peter A. Allard School of Law, Panelist
- September 2017, “OCI Preparation”, University of Victoria Law, Panelist
- March 2017, “Networking Tips”, Thompson Rivers Law, Panelist
On A Personal Note
When Christine is not at the office, she is spending time with her wonderful husband and their two amazing boys. Over the last few years, Christine has tried to pass along her interests in cooking, travel, and golf to her children. They, in turn, have tried to drag her into the twenty-first century, teaching her about the benefits of technology, online gaming, and how to avoid being “cringey”. This remains a work in progress.