Partner, Director of Associate + Student Programs
Christine York is Alexander Holburn’s Director of Associate and Student Programs. In this capacity, she oversees the firm’s recruitment, training, professional development and mentorship of associates, students and paralegals.
Christine currently devotes 100% of her work time to her associate and student development role. Previously, the majority of Christine’s legal career was in the practice of litigation, particularly in the defence of professionals. She has also represented clients in general insurance defence and personal injury matters.
Christine has been a partner with the firm since 2004. She first joined the firm as a summer student in 1994, and following a one year Clerkship at the British Columbia Supreme Court, she worked as an Articled Student and Associate with the firm prior to joining the partnership.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- NALP (The Association for Legal Career Professionals), Member
- 1997 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 1995 LL.B. (with Distinction) University of Alberta
- 1992 M.B.A. Western Washington University
- 1991 B.A. University of Victoria
Publications + Presentations
- March 2017, “How to Make Your Application Stand Out”, Thompson Rivers University, Speaker
- January 2014, “How to Wine and Cheese”, University of British Columbia, Speaker
- September 2012, “Interview Tips”, University of British Columbia, Speaker
- September 2011, “How to Prepare for On Campus Interviews (“OCIs”)”, University of Victoria, Speaker
On A Personal Note
Christine’s second job is that of a proud and busy wife and mother of two young boys. In her pre-child life, Christine was an avid “foodie”, golfer and music lover. Now, Christine is introducing both golf and alternative music to her children; they, in turn, are re-introducing her to Star Wars and White Spot.