Daniel C. Lee
Daniel Lee is a member of the firm’s Immigration, Business Law, Labour + Employment and Cannabis Practice Groups.
Daniel advises his clients on all matters relating to Canadian immigration law and immigration issues. His practice is primarily focused on corporate immigration, including facilitating international mobility for employees and facilitating their permanent residence in Canada. Daniel also works closely with employers in developing workplace policies to ensure their workplaces are in compliance with Canadian’s immigration laws and policies.
Daniel has extensive experience in providing international and domestic immigration services to Canadian and foreign-based companies in a wide range of industry sectors, including oil and gas, telecommunication and information technology, and manufacturing. Daniel also assists his clients in making applications for permanent residency in Canada under economic immigration via Express Entry, the Provincial Nominee Program, and Family Class Sponsorship.
Daniel worked as a human resources professional at a multinational corporation prior to attending law school. Given his background, when representing corporate clients, Daniel fully understands the human resources needs and timelines of his clients. Daniel takes pride in delivering professional and timely immigration services with innovative strategies to address the frequent changes in immigration laws, policies, and procedures, and to meet his clients’ immigration objectives.
Prior to joining Alexander Holburn, Daniel practised in the area of business immigration law, at an international professional service firm.
- Provide strategic immigration advice and practical immigration solutions to domestic and global companies to transfer their employees to Canada under the International Mobility Program and Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Advise clients on employer compliance obligations through developing and implementing internal policies
- Prepare responses to employer compliance inspections under the International Mobility Program and Temporary Foreign Worker Program
- Prepare temporary resident applications for work permits, study permits and temporary resident visas
- Prepare permanent resident applications under Express Entry, Provincial Nominee Program and Family Class Sponsorship program
- Prepare criminal rehabilitations and temporary resident permit applications in response to criminal and medical inadmissibilities
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers, Member
Publications + Presentations
- January 9, 2019, “Federal Skilled Trades Program offers employers alternative for hiring foreign workers”, Business in Vancouver, Author
- January 2019, “Temporary foreign worker protections boosted in British Columbia with Bill 48”, Canadian HR Reporter, Quoted
- June 10, 2017, “Updates on Provincial Nominee Programs 2017”, Canadian Bar Association, Co-Author
- September 27, 2017, “Employer Compliance in Business Immigration”, Canadian Bar Association, Alberta South, Speaker
On A Personal Note
When Daniel is not in his office, he enjoys hiking and cycling in Vancouver. He also enjoys spending time with his wife travelling across North America and cooking for friends and family.