F. Stuart Lang*
Stuart Lang is Senior Counsel of Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP. Stuart is Chair of the firm’s Health Practice and a member of the Corporate/Commercial Practice.
Stuart practices corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on health law.
Stuart is recognized for his broad health care expertise and has provided guidance and advice to provincial, regional and First Nations health authorities as well as foundations and institutes supporting health care research and the creation of additional research capacity within the province.
Stuart has negotiated and prepared a wide spectrum of commercial contracts, business structures and agreements in health care and has advised on outsourcing, procurement, establishment of shared services organizations for health authorities, requests for proposals and contracts with suppliers, acquisition of medical equipment, partnerships between health authorities, creation of intellectual property policies, clinical research and research collaboration agreements, clinical trial contracts, construction of hospital and research facilities, amalgamations, alliances and affiliations with hospitals, health authorities, universities, research institutes and foundations and health authority governance.
Stuart also advises private sector clients on business transactions, business and property acquisitions, commercial negotiations and agreements.
Legal Industry Recognition
- 1998 – 2019 Martindale-Hubbell® Health and Corporate / Commercial AV Preeminent® with high ethical standing
- 2011 – 2019 Best Lawyers® in Canada Health Care Law
- 2015, 2017 and 2019 Best Lawyers® in Canada Health Care Law, Vancouver “Lawyer of the Year”
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- British Columbia Cancer Foundation, Past Director and Vice-President
- $30 Million British Columbia’s Children’s Hospital Capital Campaign, Past Chair, Professional Division
- Winterthur Canada Financial Corporation; Citadel General Assurance Company; Axa Insurance (Canada); Anglo Canada General Insurance Company; Axa Pacific Insurance Company; Crofton House School, Past Director