Jason D. Lattanzio*
Jason Lattanzio is a member of the firm’s Maritime, Motor Vehicle and Environmental Practice Groups. He is experienced in dealing with general marine claims, coverage issues, material damage claims, contractual disputes, fraud, and vessel collision related matters. He also has extensive experience in handling personal or bodily injury claims including those related to catastrophic losses, chronic pain, complex regional pain syndrome, and psychological distress.
Jason has represented clients at trial in both the Supreme Court and Provincial Court of British Columbia. He has also appeared before the Federal Court of Canada and the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal. In addition, he is experienced in conducting summary trials, petitions, mediations, discoveries, and settlement conferences.
Some of Jason’s recent decisions include the following:
- Canpotex Shipping Services Limited v. Marine Petrobulk Ltd., 2015 FC 1108
- Ranjbar v. Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines, 2014 BCSC 1983
- Fabretti v. Gill, 2014 BCSC 899
- Fabretti v. Singh, 2012 BCSC 593
- Wood v. Insurance Corporation of B.C., 2012 BCPC 107
- Bako v. Gray, 2012 BCSC 204
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association Maritime and Insurance Subsections, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Defence Lawyers, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Young Lawyers Subsection, Executive Member (2003-2005)
On A Personal Note
Prior to law school, Jason volunteered for a number of years with young offenders through a mentoring program run through the Pacific Legal Education Association. He also volunteered and provided assistance at the Burnaby Youth Open Detention Centre.
In his spare time, Jason enjoys playing sports, cooking and reading. He also enjoys travelling, and has travelled extensively throughout Europe and Asia.