Liam Corcoran both summered and completed articles with Alexander Holburn. He was called to the bar in May 2015 and is a member of the firm’s Insurance Practice. His practice is litigation based and includes a wide variety of matters with a general focus on insurance defence.
Prior to joining Alexander Holburn, Liam worked on the business side of the film industry for several years where he learned about client management and the delicate art of negotiation. Liam is a graduate of the inaugural class of Thompson Rivers University Law School located in Kamloops, BC, which was the first new law school in Canada in over 30 years.
Liam has represented clients in the British Columbia Supreme Court and the British Columbia Provincial Court.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- 2015 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 2014 J.D. Thompson Rivers University School of Law
- 2007 B.A. McGill University
Publications + Presentations
- October 2018, “Why Brokers Have to Admit the Limit of Their Expertise”, The Lawyer’s Daily, Author
- September 2015, “Problems and Pitfalls in Representing an Insurer in Coverage Claims”, CLEBC Insurance Law Conference, Co-Author
On A Personal Note
In his spare time, Liam enjoys playing and watching a long list of sports, as well as day-dreaming about owning a dog. Originally born in Toronto, he continues to root for the Raptors and Blue Jays with equal parts depression and disappointment.