Manjit K. Grewal
Manjit Grewal is a member of the firm’s Insurance and Motor Vehicle Practices. Her insurance practice is litigation-based with an emphasis on personal injury and disability claims, as well as travel and life insurance claims. As a Registered Nurse and Occupational Health Nurse, Manjit has extensive experience in reviewing medical reports and dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders including medical practitioners, employers, union representatives and insurance companies.
Manjit obtained her Diploma in Nursing in 1992, BSN in 1996, M.Ed in 2000, and her LL.B in 2007 from the University of British Columbia.
Manjit has assisted senior counsel with hearings before the British Columbia Supreme Court and has appeared before British Columbia Provincial Court on a variety of matters. Manjit also has experience in mediations, settlement conferences, judicial case conferences, pre-trial conferences and applications to a judge.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Defence Lawyers, Member
Publications + Presentations
- September 24, 2013, “Duty to Accommodate: A Practical Perspective” – Infonex Conference, “Human Resources Management for First Nations, Aboriginal, Inuit, and Metis Communities”, Speaker
- June 12, 2013, “Personal Injury for Paralegals and Legal Support Staff 2013” Medical Records Overview – CLEBC comprehensive one-day introduction to personal injury for legal support staff, Speaker
- February 2013, “Emerging Issues in Disability Management – Duty to Accommodate”, Canadian Health and Wellness Innovation Conference, Co-Authored with John Elwick
- January 29, 2013, “Medico-Legal Studies 101: How to Read and Understand Medical Terminologies”, Law Courts Centre, Speaker
- October 14, 2011, “Personal Injury for Legal Support Staff”, CLEBC, Presenter
- 2002, Disability Claims Management, 2nd Edition, Butterworths, Co-Author and Co-Editor
- 2000, “Psychosocial Factors: Barriers to Re-employment of Workers Disabled by Occupational Low Back Pain and Chronic Pain”, International Journal of Practical Approaches to Disability, 24 (1-3), 40, Author