Thea Hoogstraten is a member of the firm’s Administrative Law, Insurance, Local Government, Defamation + Publication Risk Management and Appellate Advisory Practices. Her practice is litigation based with a focus on municipal law, insurance defence, property damage, defamation and administrative law.
Before joining Alexander Holburn, Thea worked as a judicial law clerk at the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Thea has represented clients in Provincial Court, Supreme Court trials and before the British Columbia Court of Appeal. Thea also has experience both prosecuting and defending regulatory offences before administrative tribunals.
- Level One Construction Ltd. v. Burnham, 2018 BCSC 1354, 2018/08/14
- Level One Construction Ltd. v. Burnham, 2017 BCSC 2470, 2017/10/24
- Allen v. New Westminster (City), 2017 BCSC 1329, 2017/07/31
- Sampson v. Scaletta, 2016 BCSC 2598, 2016/11/14
- Mason v. Turner, 2016 BCCA 58, 2016/01/28
- Jalloh v. Insurance Council of British Columbia, 2016 BCCA 501, 2016/12/20
- Jalloh v. Insurance Council of British Columbia, 2016 BCSC 47, 2016/01/14
- Monaco v. Coquitlam (City), 2015 BCSC 2421, 2015/12/22
- Rodgers v. Sechelt (District), 2015 BCSC 687, 2015/01/21
- Monaco v. City of Coquitlam, 2014 BCSC 2090, 2014/11/06
- Morice v. Toronto-Dominion Bank, 2014 BCSC 380, 2014/03/10
- Mason v. Turner, 2014 BCSC 211, 2014/02/11
- Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada v. 482147 B.C. Ltd., 2013 BCSC 1187, 2013/07/04
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Construction Women, Member
- Canadian Media Lawyers Association, Member
On A Personal Note
In her spare time, Thea enjoys travelling, reading and live music.