We assist employers in facilitating international mobility for employees and facilitating their permanent residence in Canada.
Canadian immigration options are unique to the individual circumstances of each applicant, and we work with our corporate clients to tailor solutions that are suited to their specific needs in a timely and efficient manner.
We act as external counsel for a number of our corporate clients for their business immigration matters. We assist our corporate clients in obtaining Work Permits for their staff, including senior executives, management and specialized knowledge employees. We also assist our corporate clients in auditing their internal immigration policies to ensure they are in compliance with immigration laws.
- Working with employers to find the most efficient means of bringing employees into Canada, both temporarily and permanently
- Obtaining Labour Market Impact Assessments (LMIA) or finding exemptions from this requirement
- Obtaining open and closed Work Permits
- Obtaining status in Canada for accompanying family members
- Facilitating the entry of short-term business visitors, such as executives, directors, contractors and others into Canada
- Obtaining expedited Work Permits for skilled global talents and Work Permit Exemptions for skilled professionals through the Global Skills Strategy program
- Assisting business owners and employees to become permanent residents of Canada through various programs, including the Economic Immigration Class (Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Worker Program, and Federal Skilled Trades Program)
- Assisting employers in applying to nominate key employees to become Permanent Residents of Canada pursuant to Provincial Nominee Programs
- Assisting employers in responding to Employer Compliance Inspections
- Assisting employers in creating human resources plans to manage their obligations with respect to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, International Mobility Program and Temporary Foreign Worker Protection Act
Our lawyers are actively involved in a number of industry associations including:
- Canadian Bar Association Immigration Section
- Canadian Corporate Counsel Association
- Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of British Columbia and Yukon
- Vancouver Regional Construction Association
Networks + Affiliations
- Member of the Law Firm Alliance, a leading global network of full-service law firms.