Banking + Lending
We provide advice and services related to commercial lending transactions. We act for Schedule I, II and III banks, trust companies, credit unions, insurance companies, large institutional lenders and other commercial lending institutions.
Financing and lending matters typically have very short time horizons. Our group is a multi-disciplinary team committed to providing quality services, practical solutions and professional advice in a timely manner.
Our group has experience in all areas of financial services law, including banking, lending, structured finance, project finance and restructuring. Our work frequently includes, but is not limited to, development and construction loan financing, take-out loans, financing for downtown office buildings, financing for shopping centre projects and financing for apartment buildings.
Typical matters our team has provided advice on include:
- Bank Act security financing
- Land-based lending
- Banker’s acceptances and letters of credit
- Facility letters
- Financing proposals, commitment letters and loan agreements
- Guarantees and indemnities
- Loan-based financing
- Documents related to term, operating, revolving and special loans
- Mortgage security agreements and debentures
- Government, corporate and commercial financing
- Syndicated loans and participations
- Project financing
- Acquisition financing
- Formation and operation of financial institutions
- Admiralty financing
- Aircraft financing
- Enforcement and realization of security
- Corporate restructuring
- Preparation of standard security and loan documents
Lawyers in our Banking + Insolvency Practice are members of the Canadian Bar Association Banking and Canadian Bar Association Insolvency subsections.
We act for financial institutions, borrowers and private lenders in a broad range of secured financing transactions, including demand operating facility agreements, credit facilities, syndicated loans, leveraged buyout transactions and asset-based lending.