Mr. Robinson will provide an informative discussion of the top employment law cases including:
November 21, 2018
An issue that regularly arises in construction cases is payment for “extras”. In this lunch and learn session, we will examine:
November 8, 2018
A discussion of the best practices for businesses to manage employee absences including:
• Culpable and non-culpable absenteeism – what is the difference?
• Requesting medical information – when and how detailed?
• Accommodating disability related absences – what steps must be taken and for how long?
September 26, 2018
This session will review the risks associated with the use of independent contractors and managing those risks including:
May 9, 2018
A timely discussion on dealing with harassment allegations arising in the workplace including:
• what conduct is sexual harassment
• procedural and statutory requirements (HRC;WCA; PIPA)
• when will conduct amount to just cause for termination
• other options for employer
April 11, 2018