Manager, Research Services
Sarah Richmond joined Alexander Holburn in 2013. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, she is responsible for managing the firm’s Library, ensuring efficient access to legal resources, providing research training and support to lawyers and students, and delivering current awareness briefs and internal education seminars. In her capacity as a research lawyer, Sarah conducts legal research and reference for the firm. Sarah is a member of the firm’s Appellate Advisory Practice Team.
Prior to joining the firm, Sarah received her Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from the University of Windsor, articled with a law firm in Ottawa, and was called to the Bar in Ontario. She then completed her Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) at The University of Western Ontario. In 2013, she became a member of the Law Society of British Columbia.
Legal Industry Recognition
In 2013, Sarah was awarded the Canadian Association of Law Libraries’ Diana M. Priestly Memorial Scholarship for professional development in the joint fields of law and librarianship.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- British Columbia Legal Management Association, Knowledge Management Subsection, 2015-2017, Chair
- Vancouver Association of Law Libraries, Vice President (2015-16), President (2016-17), Past President (2017-18)
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Association of Law Libraries, Member
Publications + Presentations
- 2014 – Present, Regular contributor to the Vancouver Association of Law Libraries’ VALL Review
- March 2017, American Court Structures, Case Law and Commentary, Vancouver Association of Law Libraries, Speaker
- March 2016, Tools for client monitoring & current awareness, Vancouver Association of Law Libraries, Panelist
On A Personal Note
In her spare time, Sarah enjoys spending time with her family, and distance running.