Library Manager/Research Lawyer
Sarah Richmond joined Alexander Holburn in 2013 as the Library Manager/Research Lawyer. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, she is responsible for providing efficient access to legal resources, performing in-depth reference services, and delivering current awareness briefs and internal education seminars to lawyers, students and staff. Sarah is a member of the firm’s Appellate Advisory Practice Team.
Prior to joining the firm, Sarah received her Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from the University of Windsor, articled with a law firm in Ottawa, and was called to the Bar in Ontario (Law Society of Upper Canada, 2012-2013). She then completed her Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) at The University of Western Ontario. In October 2013, she became a member of the Law Society of British Columbia.
Legal Industry Recognition
In 2013, Sarah was awarded the Canadian Association of Law Libraries’ Diana M. Priestly Memorial Scholarship for professional development in the joint fields of law and librarianship.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- British Columbia Legal Management Association, Knowledge Management Subsection, 2015-2017, Chair
- Vancouver Association of Law Libraries, Vice President, President, 2015-2018, Past President
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Association of Law Libraries, Member
Publications + Presentations
- 2014 – Present, Regular contributor to the Vancouver Association of Law Libraries’ VALL Review
- March 2017, American Court Structures, Case Law and Commentary, Vancouver Association of Law Libraries, Speaker
On A Personal Note
In her spare time, Sarah enjoys distance running, travelling and scrapbooking.