Companies need a legal team that has experience in unionized workplace issues. We can assist you as an employer.
Our lawyers have the knowledge, experience and skill to help you successfully navigate the complex and unique issues that arise between employers and workers in a unionized setting.
We provide assistance to employers with a wide range of workplace issues in unionized business environments. Our experience includes:
- Union representation of employees including certification, collective bargaining and grievance arbitration
- Strikes, lockouts and picketing
- Complaints before the BC Labour Relations Board / Canada Industrial Relations Board
- Court or Board proceedings involving picketing
- Employee disability including the duty to accommodate
- Workers’ compensation and occupational health and safety compliance
- Employment standards interpretation and complaints
- Pensions and benefits
Our clients represent British Columbia’s major industries including forestry and logging, mining, oil and gas refining and distribution, transportation, agriculture, manufacturing and construction. We also represent clients in the aviation, railway, marine, health care, technology, insurance, non-profit, financial and real estate sectors.
Our experience in labour relations covers all issues related to unionization and the collective bargaining relationship. We assist both provincially and federally regulated employers with issues related to certification and decertification campaigns, negotiating and interpreting collective bargaining agreements, grievance arbitrations, unfair labour practice complaints, strikes and lockouts and picketing.
We are also experienced in labour relations issues related to corporate reorganizations and mergers including successorship rights and common employer obligations.
Our lawyers appear before the British Columbia Labour Relations Board, the Canada Industrial Relations Board and the British Columbia Supreme Court on matters related to labour relations.