We assist employees dealing with issues in the workplace from hiring, constructive or summary termination, disability, departure or resignation.
We pride ourselves on providing clients with timely and strategic advice in a manner that addresses each client’s unique workplace circumstances.
We provide advice on a wide range of workplace issues for employees in non-unionized business environments. Our experience includes employment law matters including wrongful and constructive dismissal and employee disability.
Our services to employees include:
- Contracts of employment
- Consultant / independent contractor agreements
- Constructive dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal
- Disability accommodation
- Departure and restrictive covenants
Recognizing the unique needs of every client, our employment lawyers are dedicated to finding practical and creative solutions to your issues. Advising on the contract of employment between the company and the employee is a central part of our employment law practice.
Our services include drafting and reviewing employment contracts for individuals, providing strategic advice on restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements, addressing issues related to accommodating disabilities in the workplace, advising on changes to terms of employment and dealing with employment terminations and any resulting litigation.
We also assist clients in obtaining temporary and permanent resident status in Canada. Our clients include individuals looking for personal advice in relation to Canadian immigration law and citizenship law as well as employers looking to support their employees with their Canadian immigration. We also assist individuals in obtaining temporary status in Canada to work, study or visit, and in settling permanently in Canada. Our services include:
- Work Permit applications and extensions
- Study Permit applications and extensions
- Temporary Resident Visa applications and extensions
- Temporary Resident Permit applications to overcome inadmissibility to Canada
- Parents and Grandparents Super Visa applications
- Permanent Resident Travel Document applications
- Express Entry Programs, including Federal Skilled Workers, Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Provincial Nominee Program
- Family Class Sponsorship applications for spouses, common-law partners, dependent children, and parents and grandparents
- Business Immigration, including the BC PNP Entrepreneur Immigration Program
- Permanent Resident card applications and renewals
- Advising on maintaining Permanent Resident status in Canada
- Canadian Citizenship Certificate applications for minors with a Canadian parent
- Grant of Canadian citizenship applications for adults and minors