Alexander Holburn is a Vancouver-based Canadian law firm advising both international and domestic clients. Our lawyers assist Canadian clients involved with international affairs, as well as foreign companies involved with business in Canada.
Domestic clients requiring legal expertise from jurisdictions outside of Canada benefit from our membership in a number of networks and affiliations which allows us to tap into these dynamic networks to provide a wealth of trusted resources for our clients and virtually expands our network of lawyers worldwide.
In addition to English, members of our firm are conversant in the following languages: Arabic, Algerian, Cantonese, Czech, French, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Portuguese, Punjabi, Spanish and Tagalog.
Networks + Affiliations
Alexander Holburn is a member of three affiliations which broaden our reach and bolster our expertise by giving us access to colleagues, knowledge and resources in various other jurisdictions which we utilize for our clients’ benefit.
Law Firm Alliance
We have been a proud member of the Law Firm Alliance (“LFA”) since 2005, a leading global network of mid-sized law firms. Established in 2000, the LFA’s goal is to provide legal clients with greater access to high quality and cost-effective legal services around the globe. Established in 2000, the strength of the Law Firm Alliance’s international network of member firms lies in the combined experience of more than 50 firms and 2,500 attorneys throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia, all with a deep commitment to client service. Through the Law Firm Alliance, member firms refer client matters to members in other locales with the knowledge that their client’s legal needs will be met with the highest level of quality and service.
Alexander Holburn’s LFA affiliation allows us to offer our clients an integrated global service, connecting them with the expertise of colleagues throughout numerous jurisdictions. Our clients receive the responsiveness and efficiency important to them while allowing for meaningful personal relationships typically associated with smaller firms. This is supported by access to the combined knowledge and resources of a larger, multinational firm – without the associated fees.
- Visit the LFA website at www.lawfirmalliance.org
- For more information, please contact: David Garner or Loren Mallett.
Alexander Holburn is a member of Legalign Global, an integrated alliance of best-in-region law firms working as one for multinational insurers, brokers and businesses in addressing cross-border risks and claims.
Collectively, we offer in-depth expertise in all major regions. As each alliance firm is a leader in their region, we address global insurance issues by combining our local insights, relationships and influence to help our clients – and their customers.
The Legalign Global alliance firms are:
- BLD Bach Langheid Dallmayr – the leading insurance law firm in Germany with strong affiliations across Europe
- DAC Beachcroft – an international law firm offering coverage in the UK, Ireland, France and Spain, as well as significant reach in Latin America and Asia Pacific
- Wilson Elser – with more than 800 attorneys and a national network of offices, Wilson Elser advises businesses, brokers and global insurance companies in the US, as well as the London insurance market
- Wotton + Kearney – one of Australasia’s undisputed leaders in providing legal services to the insurance industry, with more than 200 lawyers across offices in Australia and New Zealand, and
- Alexander Holburn – a member of the ARC Group, a network of specialist insurance law firms across Canada.
Find out more at legalignglobal.com.au.
The ARC Group Canada Inc.
We are one of five independent law firms across Canada that have joined together to form The ARC Group Canada Inc. (“The ARC Group”). This prominent network provides insurers and self-insured companies with insurance and risk-related legal services from coast to coast. This membership also includes an affiliation with Legalign Global, a network of four of the world’s leading insurance law firms. Through this network, we can respond directly and effectively to any global insurance claim.
- Visit The ARC Group website at www.thearcgroup.ca.
- For more information, please contact: Hollis Bromley, Todd Davies, Jim Dowler, QC or Judi Kennedy
The Participating Group
This is a network of 14 law firms located predominantly in Canada and the United States of America. The central purpose of this affiliation is to connect members of law firm management seeking to explore and advance business best practices. The principal cities represented by the Participating Group are as follows:
- Anchorage, AK
- Phoenix and Tucson, AZ
- Vancouver, BC
- Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego, CA
- Denver, CO
- Miami, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach, FL
- Atlanta, GA
- Indianapolis, IN
- New Orleans, LA
- Boston, MA
- Detroit, MI
- Minneapolis, MN
- Morristown and Trenton, NJ
- Albuquerque, NM
- Las Vegas and Reno, NV
- New York, NY
- Cleveland and Columbus, OH
- Toronto, ON
- Portland, OR
- Dallas and Houston, TX
- Seattle, WA
- Casper, WY
- For more information, please contact: Christopher Hirst or Bruno De Vita, QC