At Alexander Holburn, we recognize that commercial performance is just one facet of our success. Equally important to us is creating a lasting, positive impact in our community. We consider this as much a yardstick of our achievement as our commercial success.
We are proud to be an essential part of Vancouver’s commercial fabric and we recognize that our position creates excellent opportunities for us to give back.
We do this through a diverse range of programs we have developed, which align with the firm’s core values of balance, teamwork and trust. We are proud of the breadth of these programs, which encompass charitable and sustainability initiatives, as well as mentorship and networking opportunities.
To achieve this aim, we have implemented a Philanthropic Initiatives Program and a Pro Bono Program. Together they provide an opportunity for our lawyers and staff to volunteer and make a difference in our community.
GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY:
We’re committed to partnering with organizations that help children and youth from underserved communities access the programs, education, and support they need for a healthy and successful future. We are looking for partners whose programs embody our Philanthropic Committee’s (“Committee”) three pillars of impact: youth, education, and underserved communities. If you think your charity fits the bill, we invite you to apply for funding.
At Alexander Holburn a core focus when choosing a “partner” is to find organizations who will work alongside us collaboratively in the long run. Our staff and lawyers are keen to get involved at a grassroots level and make an impact in a variety of ways. Giving our time to our partners is more important to us than giving our money.
Organizations or charities seeking support are asked to complete our Sponsorship Application form. The Committee reviews applications biannually in July/August and again in November/December.
We are proud to support the following charitable organizations:
- Access Pro Bono Society of BC
- Alzheimer Society of BC
- Arts Club of Vancouver Theatre Society
- British Columbia Aviation Council
- BC Children’s Hospital
- BC Civil Liberties Association
- BCIT Foundation
- BC Soccer
- BC SPCA
- Beauty Night Society
- Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver
- Canadian Blood Services
- Canadian Cancer Society BC and Yukon Branch
- Canadian Diabetes Association
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Canadian Music Therapy Trust Fund
- Coast Mental Health
- Corsa Foundation
- Crossroads Hospice Society
- The Dance Centre
- Elks Recreational Children’s Camp Society of BC
- Emily Carr University
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers BC
- Focus Foundation of BC
- Health and Home Care Society of BC
- Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Hope Air
- InspireHealth Society
- Jays Care Foundation
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Canada
- Lions Gate Hospital Foundation
- MS Society
- North Shore Crisis Services Society
- Parkinson Society British Columbia
- Salvation Army Vancouver Harbour Light
- St. Patrick Regional Secondary School
- The Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society
- The Legal Education Action Fund
- The Walk to End Breast Cancer
- United Way
- Variety-the Children’s Charity of British Columbia
- West Alternative School Program
- West Coast Leaf
- Women in Insurance Cancer Crusade (WICC)
- χpey̓ Elementary School
- YWCA Vancouver
Pro Bono Work:
The firm’s lawyers are committed to providing pro bono services in appropriate cases. If you are a client who is seeking pro bono assistance, please contact the Access Pro Bono Society of British Columbia.