Regulatory and administrative law play an important governing role for businesses. Understanding and successfully navigating this complex legal landscape is essential for our clients.
Our administrative law team provides advice and representation for businesses in various sectors, including real estate, insurance, forestry, policing, municipal and local government, environmental management and health services. We also act for professional and sport governing bodies.
We have expertise assisting clients in all aspects of professional discipline matters. We have supported clients throughout the judicial review process at both the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal levels. If you have a matter before a regulatory or other administrative body, or you have received an administrative decision that you have questions about, our team can provide you with the assistance you need to understand the relevant regulatory framework.
- Kadioglu v. Real Estate Council of British Columbia, 2017 BCSC 2252
- Pritpal Singh Mann and the Insurance Council of BC, Decision No. 2015-FIA-002(a) (July 12, 2016) (appeal of a disciplinary decision to the Financial Services Tribunal)
- In the Matter of Danielle Deng and the Real Estate Council of British Columbia, 15-735/15-818 (RECBC) (August 14, 2018)
- In the Matter of Adam Sidney Heinrich and the Insurance Council of British Columbia, (December 13, 2016)
- Jalloh v. Insurance Council of British Columbia, 2016 BCCA 501, (December 20, 2016)
- Jalloh v. Insurance Council of British Columbia, 2016 BCSC 47, (January 14, 2016)
- Khalsa Diwan Society – New Westminster v. British Columbia (Registrar of Companies), 2015 BCSC 518 (statutory appeal of Registrar’s order)
- Chen v. Surrey (City), 2015 BCCA 57 (judicial review of decision of Human Rights Tribunal)
- Ganitano v. Metro Vancouver Housing Corporation, 2014 BCCA 10 (appeal of order granting tenant relief from forfeiture of residential tenancy)
- Sportstown B.C. Holdings Ltd. v. British Columbia Soccer Association, 2013 BCSC 2017 (member claim against soccer governing body)
- Simon Fraser University v. Noble, 2011 BCCA 334, 2009 BCSC 1481 (judicial review of order of BC Information and Privacy Commissioner)
- Provincial Health Services Authority v. British Columbia (Information and Privacy Commissioner), 2010
- BCSC 931 (judicial review of order of BC Information and Privacy Commissioner)
- Petro-Canada v. British Columbia (Workers’ Compensation Board), 2009 BCCA 396, 2008 BCSC 841 (judicial review of decision of WorkSafe BC)