Alexander Holburn’s mergers and acquisitions lawyers have acted for domestic and international corporations as well as entrepreneurs and emerging companies, financial institutions, governmental entities, public companies, privately held companies, private equity firms, controlling shareholders, management buy-out groups, boards of directors, special committees, and lenders in all forms of domestic and international acquisitions.
Our goal is to help our clients meet their strategic objectives efficiently and effectively whether we are advising on transaction structure, negotiating major transaction agreements, working with management on business and strategic issues in the deal, advising on and filing domestic and international competition/antitrust notifications and other regulatory filings, conducting due diligence investigations, or participating in pre-bid and post-acquisition planning and integration.
Our mergers and acquisitions team draws upon the industry-specific knowledge and experience of lawyers in those specialized areas of law that are fundamental to a successful transaction, including: business immigration, competition/antitrust, employment/executive compensation, environmental matters, financing, foreign investment review, intellectual property, litigation, pensions, real estate, and securities/regulatory. We can also provide restructuring and insolvency experience to address the specific challenges faced by distressed targets. Clients can also rely on us to attend to any securities matters or regulatory hearings that may arise in hostile situations.
Our experience includes privately negotiated purchases of shares or assets, as well as public company mergers and acquisitions completed by way of hostile or negotiated take-over bids, amalgamations, reverse takeovers and plans of arrangement.
- Strategic Planning + Structuring
- Share Purchase Agreements
- Foreign Investment Review
- Intellectual Property
- Public Company Mergers & Acquisitions
- Take-Over Bids
- Employment and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Confidentiality and Non-competition Agreements
- General Corporate Documents
- Corporate Records Maintenance
- Securities Compliance
Our lawyers have been involved in numerous transactions in a broad range of industries including the following:
- Merger of a natural resource company valued at $140,000,000
- Merger of two technology companies valued at $100,000,000
- Sale of an energy company valued at $15,000,000
- Purchase of an industrial and mechanical contractor valued at $25,000,000
- Acquisition of a software developer and technology products and services supplier valued at $20,000,000
- Acquisition of pharmaceutical products valued at $54,000,000
- Financial Services merger valued at $5,000,000
- Merger of an industrial company valued at $1,000,000,000
- Acquisitions for a major international construction materials manufacturer and supplier
- Acquisition and disposition of major specialty value-added wood products manufacturer
- International acquisition of a large passenger cruise ship
- Acquisition of vineyard in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia