In 2020, the federal government announced that it would invest $25.6 million in programs that assist newcomers entering the Canadian labour market. What should employers be aware of when hiring foreign workers?
Join Michael Watt, Sarah Hickey, and Iman Hosseini of our Labour + Employment Practice Group at our next webinar “Hiring Foreign Workers”. For employers who employ or are considering hiring foreign workers, this webinar will discuss important information about your options and obligations.
Our speakers will provide their insights into the hiring process and key considerations during employment and termination:
- Legislative updates and review of recent noteworthy cases
- The Hiring Process
- options for bringing temporary foreign workers to Canada
- recent issues with immigration consultants or other representatives
- what to look for in the interview and when reviewing a work permit terms of employment for foreign workers
- Immigration Compliance
- relevant obligations as an employer
- how to respond to a compliance audit by Service Canada ensuring the worker retains authorization to work in Canada
- Terminating Temporary Workers
- considerations during termination from an immigration perspective
CPHR BC & Yukon has approved this webinar for 1 CPD Hour.
Stay up to date on future webinars
Please sign up for our “Labour + Employment Lunch ‘n’ Learn and Webinars” mailing list.