A Message from our Managing Partner
In the past few weeks, COVID-19 has presented the world with an unprecedented challenge which has required unprecedented measures. As a trusted business partner to our valued clients and a responsible community member and employer, we are doing all we can to help stop the further spread of COVID-19.
Accordingly, we will be closing our physical offices in downtown Vancouver and Toronto and have implemented a remote working policy for our lawyers and staff. The closure will be effective as of 5 pm PDT on Thursday, March 19, 2020, until Friday April 3, 2020, at which time we will review the situation and communicate accordingly. Our business continuity plans have prepared us for this and we have the technologies in place to continue to meet the needs of our clients.Read More
We’re Here For You
There is no doubt this pandemic will continue to impact the global economy. The effect on business, employers and individuals is yet to be seen.
In order to help you navigate this situation as it evolves, we have created this page as a hub for information.
Like you, we are adjusting to this new reality day-by-day and, as we do so, we look to official health organizations and government resources to inform our decision-making. We will share those links we have found most useful. We will also share timely insights including blog posts from our own professionals that may assist you during this challenging time.
Please bookmark this page and check back for updates as the situation surrounding COVID-19 evolves.
Business Law Blog
- March 26, 2020 – COVID-19 Pandemic and Its Impacts on Canadian Immigration
- March 30, 2020 – COVID-19: Impacts on Trademark Applications in Canada
- March 31, 2020 – Frustrated by COVID-19: Recovering and Preventing Business Losses
Labour + Employment Law Blog
- March 18, 2020 – COVID-19: Information for Employers
- March 25, 2020 – COVID-19: Labour + Employment Update (March 25, 2020)
Strata Law Blog
- March 19, 2020 – Homeward Bound: A Strata Council’s Guide to Social Distancing
- March 26, 2020 – Gimme a Break: Breaking News on Provincial and Federal COVID-19 Relief for Residential Landlords and Tenants
Government Health Sites
- BC Center for Disease Control
- Government of British Columbia Provincial Support Information
- Government of Canada Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) General Information
- Government of Canada Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Outbreak update
- Public Health Ontario
- Ontario Health and Wellness