Matthew Desmarais is a member of the firm’s Insurance, Labour + Employment, Business Disputes, Intellectual Property + Technology, and Corporate/Commercial Practice Groups. Matthew has represented clients before the Civil Resolution Tribunal, the Provincial Court of British Columbia, and the Supreme Courts of British Columbia.
- Logan v. Numbers Cabaret Ltd. (Hamburger Mary’s), 2016 BCSC 1473
- Pai v. Ho (unreported – 2019)
- Hindi v. Derma Pro Canada Inc. et al, SC-2019-000191
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
Publications + Presentations
- November 13, 2018, “Why Growing the Devil’s Lettuce Could Cause You to Lose Your Green”, Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP Business Law Blog, Co-author
On A Personal Note
Matthew is a die-hard Bo Horvat fan. When he isn’t watching the Canucks, he enjoys playing ice hockey, golfing, and hiking.