The global pandemic has caused all businesses and sectors to have to adapt and make changes to ongoing operations. Join us as our lawyers discuss the following topics:
Terms of Employment
- How can an employer successfully introduce new terms of employment, including changes to duties or reporting, restrictive covenants to protect the business, or severance limits?
- What should an employer expect when an employee challenges such changes?
The GIG Economy and Independent Contractors
- What services can safely be contracted through the use of an independent contractor?
- What are the risks to the business of a finding of a dependent contractor or employment relationship?
- An update on enforceable termination clauses in Canada, and options for planning and terminating employment relationships.