Matthew Desmarais is a member of the firm’s Insurance, Labour + Employment, Business Disputes, Intellectual Property + Technology, and Corporate/Commercial Practice Groups. Matthew has represented clients before the Human Rights Tribunal, WorkSafeBC’s Review Division, the Civil Resolution Tribunal, the Provincial Court of British Columbia, the Supreme Court of British Columbia, and the British Columbia Court of Appeal. He has also successfully represented clients in arbitration disputes.
On A Personal Note...
Matthew is a die-hard Bo Horvat fan. When he isn’t watching the Canucks, he enjoys playing ice hockey, golfing, and hiking.
- Impact Recruitment Inc. v. John Volken Academy Society, 2020 BCSC 1416
- Hindi v. Teranishi et al, 2019 BCCRT 692
- Pai v. Ho (unreported – 2019)
- Yana Spichak v. Elements Strata Corporation BCS4502 et al (unreported – 2019)
- Realty Executives Intl. Svcs. LLC v. Vince Eidsness et al (unreported – 2019)
- Logan v. Numbers Cabaret Ltd. (Hamburger Mary’s), 2016 BCSC 1473
- November 13, 2018, “Why Growing the Devil’s Lettuce Could Cause You to Lose Your Green”, AHBL Business Law Blog, Co-author