Nicolas Pimentel completed his articles with Alexander Holburn. He has a Bachelor of Arts in Classical Studies from the University of British Columbia and a J.D. from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University.
Nicolas was called to the bar in 2017 and is an Associate in our Aviation Practice Group. He is also a member of the firm’s Insurance Practice. He has advised and represented clients in relation to: baggage, delay, and personal injury claims; human rights matters; CTA complaints, TATC appeals and other regulatory matters; and aviation accidents and incidents.
Nicolas has appeared before the Provincial and Supreme Courts of British Columbia and has also provided assistance on trials in our Insurance and Motor Vehicle Practices. He is also a contributor to Alexander Holburn’s Aviation Law Blog.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Air Law Section, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
Publications + Presentations
- January 2019, “‘It’s a way of life. It’s no hobby…’ Money, Drugs and Drones – An update: Drones – Legal Update”, Winter Aviation Conference, Toronto, Ontario, Speaker
On A Personal Note
Prior to joining the firm, Nicolas spent a term working at the Dalhousie Legal Aid Clinic where he represented clients in family, residential tenancy, human rights, and youth criminal matters. In his spare time, Nicolas enjoys watching and playing a variety of sports as well as reading and exploring the outdoors. He is a lifelong supporter of the Minnesota Vikings football team.