Shannon Tseng is an Associate in the firm’s Corporate/Commercial, Mergers + Acquisitions, Corporate Finance + Securities and Charities + Non-Profit Practice Groups. Shannon maintains a general business law practice with a focus on corporate and commercial law. Shannon particularly enjoys building and maintaining long-term relationships with businesses and business owners in various industries and assisting these clients in the structuring, set-up, operation, growth and sale of their businesses.
Shannon both summered and completed her articles with Alexander Holburn prior to being called to the bar in August of 2018. While pursuing her J.D. at the University of British Columbia, Shannon was the recipient of several academic awards including the Stikeman Elliott Prize in Real Estate Transactions and the Dale Robert Pedersen Prize in Criminal Law.
- Advising businesses and business owners of various industries and sizes
- Advising on corporate structure, corporate governance and corporate reorganization
- Advising on the purchase and sale of businesses
- Advising societies, not-for-profit organizations and charities
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers, Member
Publications + Presentations
- October 1, 2018, “Business succession: Planning to pass the torch“, Business in Vancouver, Co-author
- February 2, 2018, “Raibex Canada Ltd. v. ASWR Franchising Corp.: A Victory for Franchisors”, AHBL Business Law Blog, Author
- September 6, 2016, “Bill C-14: Are you eligible for medically-assisted death?”, AHBL Wills + Estates Blog, Author
On A Personal Note
Prior to joining the firm, Shannon worked for UBC Sauder School of Business (Real Estate Division) in preparing and administering the Real Estate Trading Services Licensing Course on behalf of the Real Estate Council of British Columbia. Shannon is an avid foodie and particularly enjoys partaking in the Vancouver food scene. On the weekends, Shannon enjoys playing squash and trying new foods with friends.