Shaun Foster joined Alexander Holburn as a summer student and completed his articles with the firm. He has a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Victoria and a J.D from Thompson Rivers University.
Shaun was called to the bar in 2016, and he is an Associate in the firm’s Aviation Practice Group. He has advised and represented clients in relation to: baggage, cargo and delay claims; human rights matters; CTA complaints; insurance coverage issues; product liability claims; and aviation accidents and incidents.
Shaun has appeared before the Provincial and Supreme Courts of British Columbia and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice. He is also a regular contributor to aviation industry publications, such as Wings and Helicopters magazines, and to Alexander Holburn’s Aviation Law Blog.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Ontario Bar Association, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
Publications + Presentations
- July 2017, “The Aftermath of Germanwings” Wings Magazine, Author
- January 2017, “The Aftermath of Germanwings”, 18th Annual Aviation Conference, Speaker
- January 2017, “Cutting it close – Passengers found negligent for booking tight connections”, Travel Law Quarterly, Author
- September 2016, ” When is an airline not an airline?”, Wings Magazine, Author
On A Personal Note
In his spare time, Shaun enjoys playing, coaching and watching soccer. He was a member of the British Columbia Lawyer’s Soccer Team, where he competed in Mundiavocat, the “Lawyers’ International World Cup”. He also enjoys exploring Vancouver’s hiking trails with his 8 year old dog.