Kathryn is an associate in the firm’s Aviation, Appellate Advisory, and Insurance Practice Groups. She has a broad range of civil litigation experience, with an emphasis on issues relating to the aviation industry. She has represented clients in all levels of court in British Columbia, the Alberta Provincial Court, and the Ontario Superior Court of Justice.
Prior to joining Alexander Holburn, Kathryn worked as a judicial law clerk at the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Kathryn acts primarily for aviation industry participants, including airlines, aviation underwriters, aircraft and component maintenance facilities, airport authorities, pilots and operators. She has assisted on a variety of litigation matters including personal injury and property damage claims, product liability, baggage and cargo claims, and labour, human rights, and workers’ compensation claims. She has also advised clients in regulatory matters and on insurance coverage issues.
Kathryn’s appellate practice has included assisting clients on appeals in the areas of municipal law, administrative law, and disability insurance.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- British Columbia Aviation Council, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Law Society of Upper Canada, Member
- 2012 – Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 2012 – Admitted to the Ontario Bar
- 2011-2012 – Judicial Law Clerk, British Columbia Court of Appeal
- 2011 – J.D. University of Toronto (Honours)
- 2006 – M.Sc. University of Waterloo
- 2003 – B.Sc. University of Waterloo
On A Personal Note
In her spare time, Kathryn enjoys tennis, volleyball and dance.