Join members of our L+E group to discuss steps to protect your business against competition from former employees or consultants. Our speakers will review employee obligations both during and following employment, the appropriate form and implementation of business protection agreements (ie. non-solicitation, non-compete, ownership and confidentiality) and enforcement steps if necessary.
A brief update on vaccination policies will also be provided during our introduction to keep you current – so don’t be late!
Our speakers will cover the following topics:
- Common law duties – duty of loyalty, fiduciary duties
- Proprietary information – ownership and use
- Contractual – restrictive covenants
Implementing Enforceable Business Protection
- Introduction at start or during employment
- Adding at time of sale of business or as part of incentive plan
- Employment vs. commercial terms
Enforcement of Restrictions
- Difference between court and arbitration processes
- Demand letter and court injunction
- Damages and expected self-help remedies
This program has been approved for 1 CPD Hour.