One of the core strengths of the firm is our Aviation Practice. We maintain one of the largest and most comprehensive aviation law practices in Canada and have been consistently identified as one of Canada’s top firms for aviation. Our lawyers are also consistently recognized as leaders in their fields.
Our worldwide client base includes domestic and international airlines, fixed and rotary wing charter operators, maintenance facilities, flight schools and the insurers for each of these organizations. Our multi-jurisdictional teams of lawyers are committed to providing superior legal advice in a cost-effective and cohesive manner across the country. Our lawyers are qualified to practice in different provinces and regularly appear in the courts of British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Northwest Territories, and the Yukon.
Alexander Holburn’s Aviation Practice provides clients with comprehensive services on a broad range of aviation law issues. Our team acts on matters relating to all aspects of regulatory, licensing, tariff drafting/revision (international, domestic, charter, passenger and cargo), charter and lease agreements, corporate/commercial services, emergency response preparedness, airline claims handling, aircraft accident litigation, employment, immigration, environmental, and product liability issues. We bring decades of experience within the province of British Columbia as well as nationally and internationally.
We regularly make representations to or appear before regulatory and administrative authorities, including:
- Transport Canada
- The Canadian Transportation Agency
- The Transportation Appeal Tribunal of Canada
- The Transportation Safety Board of Canada
- The Office of the Coroner
- The Medical Review Board
We are experienced in registering aircraft within British Columbia for personal property security purposes and in drafting, negotiating and reviewing transportation-related contracts and documents.
We advise on vehicle, aircraft and operator licensing, immigration matters for offshore clients and general corporate and environmental law matters.
Members of our Aviation Practice are actively involved in:
- The British Columbia Aviation Council
- The Aviation Insurance Association
- The Helicopter Association of Canada
- Canadian Owners and Pilots Association
- The Northern Air Transport Association
- American Bar Association, Forum on Air and Space Law
- International Air Transport Association
- Canadian Bar Association – National and Provincial Sections
- The British Columbia Float Plane Operators Association