Anil Aggarwal both summered and completed articles with Alexander Holburn. He obtained his Bachelor of Arts from the University of British Columbia in 2005 and his J.D. from the University of British Columbia in 2015.
Anil was called to the bar in May 2016. His practice is litigation based and mainly focuses on strata property matters.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Anil worked as a Border Services Officer (“BSO”) with the Canada Border Services Agency. As a BSO, Anil conducted port of entry examinations to ensure traveller compliance with the Customs Act, Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, Criminal Code and other various Acts of Parliament.
Anil has conducted trials in the British Columbia Provincial Court. He has also appeared in Supreme Court Chambers on a variety of matters.
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Employment and Assistance Appeal Tribunal, Member
Publications + Presentations
- February 13, 2019, “Cannabis – Understanding the Consequences of Growing Plants in a Residential Building”, BUILDEX Vancouver, Speaker
- March 2017, “Removing Immigration Roadblocks Key to Filling Tech Talent Pool“, Business in Vancouver, Author
On A Personal Note
In his spare time, Anil enjoys photography, theatre, playing soccer/hockey and most other sports and discovering Vancouver’s best brunch locations.