Dianna S. Hwang*
Dianna Hwang is a member of the firm’s Health, Insurance and Local Government Practices. Her practice is primarily litigation based and largely involves representing health authorities and municipalities. Dianna works closely with her clients to achieve favorable results, whether it is representing their interests in court or through negotiating settlements.
- Defending hospitals and nurses in medical malpractice cases.
- Representing municipalities on a wide range of matters including occupiers’ liability, road maintenance and design, parks and recreational trails, negligent misrepresentation, nuisance and abuse of process.
- Representing clients on estate litigation matters involving wills variation, undue influence, probate, accounting by executors, resulting and constructive trusts, interpretation of wills, and committeeship.
- Professional negligence cases.
- Has extensive experience in defending complex personal injury and catastrophic injury claims, including spinal cord and brain injuries.
Representative cases include:
- Medina v. Wong et al., 2018 BCSC 292
- Plett v. City of Abbotsford, 2017 BCSC 1298
- Nelson v. Provincial Health Services Authority, 2017 BCCA 46
- Allen v. Bishop of Victoria, 2016 BCSC 1078
- Nerland v. Toronto-Dominion Bank, 2016 BCSC 45
- Chang Estate v. Chang, 2010 BCCA 111
- Re: Elsie Jones, 2009 BCSC 1723
- Mazur v. The Citadel General Assurance Company, 2005 BCSC 1371
- Mitchell v. We Care Health Services Inc. et al, 2004 BCSC 902
- Lawrence v. City of Prince Rupert et al, 2003 BCSC 465
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Medical Legal Society of British Columbia, Member
- 1999 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 1998 LL.B. Dalhousie University