Joseph P. Cahan*
Joseph Cahan is a member of the firm’s Motor Vehicle and Insurance Practices. He specializes in matters involving personal injury, disability insurance, life insurance, accident insurance, travel insurance, occupiers’ liability, property damage, fire and arson claims, insurance fraud, coverage issues, subrogated claims and professional liability. Joseph primarily defends claims on behalf of insurers with an emphasis on the defence of personal injury and disability insurance claims. He recognizes that a focus of insurance litigation is risk management. To that end, Joseph has extensive experience in resolving claims by way of mediation.
Joseph has defended injury claims involving allegations of soft tissue injury, fractures, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, psychiatric complaints and traumatic brain injuries.
Some recent cases include:
- Cirillo v. Mai, 2016 BCSC 1524
- Sandhu v. Vuong, 2016 BCSC 1490
- Barber v. Jack, 2014 BCSC 2142
- Maras v. Seemore Entertainment Ltd., 2014 BCSC 1109
- Maras v. Seemore Entertainment Ltd., 2014 BCSC 1050
- Payne v. Miles, 2013 BCSC 1545
Professional + Community Affiliations
- Vancouver Bar Association, Member
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member
Publications + Presentations
Joe frequently is a guest speaker at the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC.
On A Personal Note
When Joe is not at the office you can find him skiing, cycling and spending time with his children.