Jennifer is an Associate in the firm’s Insurance Practice. Jennifer defends insureds on matters relating to municipal law, administrative law, personal injury and property damage with a focus on defending professionals. In addition to her defence practice, Jennifer pursues subrogated claims on behalf of her clients as a member of the firm’s Subrogation Recovery team.
During her legal studies, Jennifer participated in the mediation program, training to act as a mediator in Small Claims disputes. Jennifer does not currently work as a mediator, but she endeavours to put the skills she learned in this program to use to achieve favourable outcomes for her clients and to protect their interests.
Jennifer has appeared in the British Columbia Supreme Court, British Columbia Supreme Court Chambers, British Columbia Provincial Court and in dispute resolution processes before the British Columbia Human Rights Tribunal.
- Jordison v. Axa Pacific Insurance: Successful defence of insurance company in Provincial Court claim for coverage;
- Bagadiong v. Protrans BC Operations Ltd.: Successful defence of transportation authority which runs the Canada Line in Vancouver in Provincial Court action by passenger alleging she slipped and fell on water in a Canada Line Station;
- Eftetahi v. Souroriyan and Rezezadeh: Successful defence of two insurance brokers in action commenced by policy holder alleging negligent and fraudulent misrepresentation by agents during sale of insurance policy; and
- Mohamed v. Protrans Operations BC Ltd. et. al.: Successful defence of transportation authority which operates the Canada Line in Vancouver in personal injury action brought by passenger alleging misleading signage.
- 2011 Admitted to the British Columbia Bar
- 2010 Clerk, Supreme Court of British Columbia
- 2009 LL.B. University of British Columbia
- 1995 B.Comm. University of British Columbia
Publications + Presentations
- June 22, 2017 – “Trial Preparation for Legal Support Staff”, CLEBC, Speaker
- October 2011 – “Expert Evidence: Admissibility and Weight”, British Columbia Council of Administrative Tribunals Education Conference, Co-Author
On A Personal Note
Jennifer spends some of her free time working with the Make-a-Wish Foundation of BC & Yukon where she gets to play a part in fulfilling the wishes of children with life-threatening illnesses.
Before obtaining her law degree, Jennifer studied acting and appeared on television and in theatre in Vancouver, Los Angeles and Taiwan.
She enjoys reading, cooking, snowboarding and travelling.