On Thursday, October 17, 2019, Lisa Mackie, Partner and leader of our Strata Property Practice, will be co-presenting alongside Jennifer Neville (Hamilton & Company) on conflicting interests, complex surprises and essential updates on strata property. Hosted by the CLEBC, this event will take place at the Pan Pacific Hotel, or via webinar.
Legal issues involved with strata property are intricate and, at times, bewildering—affecting many parties with diverse and conflicting interests and objectives. Bring your questions, and let the experts lead you through the complexities of strata property law. This essential update will prepare you for the many surprises you may encounter when dealing with strata corporations, owners, tenants, strata managers, and the CRT.
At this course you will learn about:
- the practical complexities of strata property law
- what to do when served with an application per the Civil Resolution Tribunal
- owner and strata council legal meetings
- conducting a hearing before a strata council
- the latest update on case law regarding responsibility for repairs and bylaw validity and enforcement
- ethical and law practice issues